15 March 2013

Mini reviews: Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty


Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty


I started reading this book a long time ago and the reason I didn't listed it as currently reading is that I was afraid I wouldn't like it. But it was funny and just what I need when I'm feeling down. 

It's a story about Jessica Darling who's best friend moved away and she is left alone to deal with parent, school and boy problems on her own. But fear not! She has a new group of friends she isn't really fond of and a certain mysterious bad boy, Marcus, to make it all better worse. 

What I love about this book that a lot of people can read it and actually enjoy it, not just teens. Jessica is sarcastic, loyal and funny. Basically, a person I would want to have by my side at all times. 

Marcus Flutie. Oh Marcus. Who hasn't have a Marcus in their school? He is the guy who has the brains but at the same time a filthy mouth and this whole combination makes you want to punch him and kiss him. 
“It kind of makes me wish that the worst thing that will ever happen to me would just hurry up and happen already. That way I could live the rest of my life in bliss, if only because I know how much worse things could be.” 

 Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty

Second Helpings start of with the complicated relationship of Jessica and Marcus.They are now in their senior year of high school and  are worrying about college.They are not together because Jessica feels she can't trust Marcus since he 's known as a heartbreaker so she pretty much tries to ignore him the whole time. And it's not really working. 

Marcus has changed so much in the second book. Even though it was obvious he fell in love with Jess, she had her doubts. Just like everyone else, we all doubt a certain person likes us, while everyone else can see it. I don't agree with what he did- SPOILER...get her a date with his best friend..., but he thought it was the right thing to do. Oh,Marcus, even though you are so swoony, you can be totally wrong. But you can also be so right at times. Well, almost every time he shows up. 
Marcus?
Yes?

Whats your middle name?
Armstrong. Marcus Armstrong Flutie. Like Neil, the astronaut? I asked. No, he replied. Like Louie, the jazz singer?
No, he replied. Then like who?
Like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment