28 March 2013

Book Review: Torched by Andrea Lynn Colt


Title:  Torched
Author:  Andrea Lynn Colt
File type:  kindle
Release date:  September 8th, 2012
Genre:  YA, contemporary. mystery

~Sparks fly in this romantic young-adult mystery~
Cheerleader Rose Whitfield's senior year goes up in smoke when she's framed for arson. Sure that the culprit is her neighbor Paxton, with whom she's been feuding since middle school, she sets out to clear her name and take Paxton down hard--not necessarily in that order.
Oh,wow. This book came as a huge surprise! I had no idea it would be so good. Last week, I was looking for books bellow 300 pages I could read, just so I can catch up with my GR reading challenge so I choose Torched because it seemed like a cute book about working with your enemy who would turn out to be a really great guy. 

Aww... I love Rose as the main character because she is basically what every main character should be like. She is dealing well with the fact everyone hates her for the fire she didn't set. She doesn't spend hours in her room crying but with the help of Paxton, her hot neighbour goes looking for the real person who did it. They've been pulling pranks on each other since they were kids and I couldn't help but sigh every time these two got into an argument, or talked, or whenever. 

Andrea Lynn Colt! You better write something new soon. I need more of your awesome characters and cute plot lines. I will read everything you write. 

I wrote this review so I can persuade my friends to pick it up because they won't be wasting their time. Dear friends, please, pleeeasseeee read Torched. It will make me so happy. Everyone needs to read a good fluffy book from time to time. 

She is also a very talented graphic designer. Check out her blog.


3 comments:

  1. You have me sold. I already had this on my TBR pile but now I could really use a cute light read. I will have to put a hold on it at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Hope you'll like it. It's really good and the main character is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I may not be one of those friends you have tried to persuade, but you persuaded me anyway! And I hope that you succeeded in persuading those friends, too!

    ReplyDelete