Top Ten Beach Reads
1. Any Elizabeth Scott novel - I love all Elizabeth's novels and especially Stealing Heaven and Bloom. Her books are perfect for summer.
2. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - This book reminds me of scorching hot summer days and nights. I would recommend reading it while you're sweating like a pig to connect better with the characters. :P
3. Summer trilogy by Jenny Han - Jenny Han is a mastermind when it comes to beach reads. These 3 books are so perfect. I loved them even before I got my hands on them.
4. Summer in the City by Elizabeth Chandler - Probably the most underrated book I've ever read. Don't judge it because of the cover. Imagine it having a girl and a guy having the hottest kiss in the hallway.
5. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - Whoever looks at my former TTT posts will see this book on almost all lists. Why is that? Because I adore this books so, so much! I've read it ages ago and I still remember all the Lola & Cricket scenes and most of the lines. I'm a Perkins fangirl.
1. From What I Remember by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas- Mexico. Accidental roadtrip. Drunken night. Hilarious Drama. Movie Reference(all most EVERYWHERE!). Really, if you haven't read this book then you know what to get next time. FWIR is fantastic and absolutely fun!
2. The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder- I've always loved Lisa Schroeder and her excellent verse writing-style. The best thing about verse-format books? They're awfully fast paced and equally impacting.
3.The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han- This book manages to capture the idea of summer, first love, beaches and holidays beautifully! Not only is it fairly light, the gooeyness in it is swoony. VERY SWOONY.
4. Flat-out Love by Jessica Park- While Flat-out Love is Flat out swoony, it's not a book that should be taken lightly. The depth in the storyline and the story in general were heartbreaking and beautiful. Must read.
5. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour- I was a bit confused about this week's TTT. When I heard beaches, I remember summer and weirdly summer reminds me of road trip and this one was ALL roadtrip. With beautiful mementos and a journal like look, I was in love with this one here!
Book of choice for $15 from TBD