24 September 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #25


Top Ten Best Sequels

It was hard to make this list. There are so many books I adore. 


Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins / Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver / It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han / Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead / The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

The easiest pick would be Lola. I love, love, LOVE Lola and Cricket. Stephanie P. is a genius. The reason I  loved Pandemonium is Julian. I wasn't the biggest fan of Delirium but the sequel was just marvelous. Summer trilogy was heartbreaking and will forever be on my top ten lists. Shadow Kiss. Oh, this blasted book! I didn't see it coming! I had to wait months till I found out what happened next. The Eternity Cure was also excellent and Julie did a wonderful job with her characters, especially with Kanin. 


Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare / Red Glove by Holly Black / Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi / Seduced in the Dark by C.J. Roberts / Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

CPrince was crazy intense. Since I'm Team Will I knew what what going to happen and all I could do was watch him pour his heart out to Tessa in vain. :( sniff, sniff  Red Glove! OMG! People! I know there are so many of you who haven't even picked this trilogy up! Please, please, read these books now! I don't even know where to start with Red Glove and Black Heart. Unravel Me! Chapter 62! Warner! His real name! Feels! So many feels! Let me die! Go away while I cry in my room alone! Seduced in the Dark. OK. I actually stayed up all night and read this book. I couldn't put it down. I cried! I yelled! I squeeled!  I flailed! I was basically a mess while reading it. Shadowfever is probably one of the best sequels ever written. It has Mac, Barrons, some more Barrons, feels and Barrons being sexy as hell. 



3 comments:

  1. I have Lola, Pandemonium & The Eternity Cure on my list too :)
    Stephanie is a genius, I adore Lola and Cricket <3
    I debated for quite a while whether to put Clockwork Prince on my list, but in the end I didn't. It's nice to see it on your list though because it was a fantastic sequel.
    Great list!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was disappointed with Pandemonium actually, since I really, really loved Delirium but I also have The Fever series on my list. I think that every next book in this series was better than the previous and Shadowfever is simply the best :)

    ReplyDelete