Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like More Than I Did
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - Eh, I can't with this book. Everyone's been obsessed with it even before it was released. I remember watching that awesome trailer and spazzing. But I didn't see the appeal, at all. Noah was just a guy with a British accent. Nothing special.
- Legend by Marie Lu - Another disappointment. I didn't feel the connection between the characters and while there were plenty of great action scenes I couldn't get past the characters.
- Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson - Devyani is probably hunt me down for this but I've read 2 or 3 Sarah Alderson books and she does nothing for me. Characters make this crazy decisions and it just throws me of track.
- Storm by Brigid Kemmerer - Ugh! I don't get the appeal of this series. It's just bleh.
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - Another hyped book which failed to impress. All I remember about it that the girl cried a lot.
1. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand - Why I liked Boundless so much was because I never did like Unearthly all that much. There was nothing unique about this one apart from the fact that the protag was an angel and that she had a 'purpose'. Otherwise, it was all the more the same exact YA soup story. Two guys, confused protag, side drama and a nice cliffhanger-ish end.
2. Slammed by Colleen Hoover - Considering the shining ratings that it has in it's bag on Goodreads, this book was totally bland for me. Apart from the poetry, which really was pretty, I just can't find anything good to say about this one.
3. How To Kill A Rockstar by Tiffanie DeBartolo - This one's a beautiful one. But due to some things that occurred in the book, I just couldn't like this book as much as others did.
4. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff - This was another one I just couldn't get into and love. There was so much hype that moved around it and I myself was really excited , but after reading it , I just couldn't help but feel disappointed.5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass - This book wasn't about a badass assassin. It was about a pretentious , full of herself , messed up wannabe princess who claims to fight like a Ninja.