23 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #15



Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like More Than I Did


  1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin -  Eh, I can't with this book. Everyone's been obsessed with it even before it was released. I remember watching that awesome trailer and spazzing. But I didn't see the appeal, at all. Noah was just a guy with a British accent. Nothing special. 
  2. Legend by Marie Lu - Another disappointment. I didn't feel the connection between the characters and while there were plenty of great action scenes I couldn't get past the characters. 
  3. Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson - Devyani is probably hunt me down for this but I've read 2 or 3 Sarah Alderson books and she does nothing for me. Characters make this crazy decisions and it just throws me of track. 
  4. Storm by Brigid Kemmerer - Ugh! I don't get the appeal of this series. It's just bleh. 
  5. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - Another hyped book which failed to impress. All I remember about it that the girl cried a lot. 

                                                                           
                                                                               


1. 
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand - Why I liked Boundless so much was because I never did like Unearthly all that much. There was nothing unique about this one apart from the fact that the protag was an angel and that she had a 'purpose'. Otherwise, it was all the more the same exact YA soup story. Two guys, confused protag, side drama and a nice cliffhanger-ish end.
2. Slammed by Colleen Hoover - Considering the shining ratings that it has in it's bag on Goodreads, this book was totally bland for me. Apart from the poetry, which really was pretty, I just can't find anything good to say about this one.
3. How To Kill A Rockstar by Tiffanie DeBartolo - This one's a beautiful one. But due to some things that occurred in the book, I just couldn't like this book as much as others did.
4. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff - This was another one I just couldn't get into and love. There was so much hype that moved around it and I myself was really excited , but after reading it , I just couldn't help but feel disappointed.
5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass - This book wasn't about a badass assassin. It was about a pretentious , full of herself , messed up wannabe princess who claims to fight like a Ninja.

4 comments:

  1. Hehe, I like how honest you are :) I loved Pushing the Limits, but yeah...a girl that was crying all the time kind of describes the whole story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Someone who agrees with me about Storm. I just COULD NOT get into that book. It was just no good!!! I liked the Throne of Glass Novellas and was so disappointed with the book!! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read all the books you both listed but that's what makes reading and blogging so interesting--we all have different tastes and reading experiences. Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten List

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wondering why people are so into The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. It never sounded intriguing to me. And the good reviews were baffling: seemingly contridicting the way the story was described. The blogger would talk about how crazy the book was then state they loved it. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one not on the fan train for that one.

    ReplyDelete