15 April 2013

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa


The Immoral Rules by Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication date: March 26th 2013.
My rating: 3 stars



To survive in a ruined world, she must embrace the darkness…
Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a walled-in city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten. Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them—the vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself dies and becomes one of the monsters.
Forced to flee her city, Allie must pass for human as she joins a ragged group of pilgrims seeking a legend—a place that might have a cure for the disease that killed off most of civilization and created the rabids, the bloodthirsty creatures who threaten human and vampire alike. And soon Allie will have to decide what and who is worth dying for…again.
Enter Julie Kagawa's dark and twisted world as an unforgettable journey begins.
Oh,what have I done to this poor book? It's all scratched and smudged. Eww. I never did something like that because I take good care of my babies but sadly this one was the first to experience abuse from momma. 

Well, Hallelujah! I actually finished it. It took me a long time. If it was any other book I would give up a long time ago. But I love me some vamps. They kick serious ass. 

It was too slow for my taste. If I read it on my PlayBook it would get 2 star rating but because I actually spend money on the real thing I will cut it some slack. I even got an ARC but decided to wait and buy it like everyone else. 

Alison was too serious for my taste. Zeke was a little preacher boy and I didn't like him even though people were saying how awesome he was. I didn't like him because he was too goodie-two-shoes for dystopian world. It was unrealistic. And the attraction between these two was non-existent. I disliked Ruth(duh). Kanin is the only interesting character. 

I need the sequel! I need to find out what happened to Kanin. I hope he will kill that Smiley vamp who freaked me out and snatch Allie from Zeke. *evil grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment