Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger
I thought this was going to be easy. But it's not. In fact it's probably the toughest list I had to create. To pick just 5 books! That is insane!
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - This book made me cry. At it had a happy ending. Well, it was more bitter-sweet but still. I love it so much and my heart skips a beat whenever I think about it.
- Stolen by Lucy Christopher - Another tearjerker. Another great Aussie author. Another great crushable guy. Ugh! I have so much love and respect for this book.
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - I just love torturing myself with these depressing stories. This will be forever one of my all-time favorite books. I bought the UK hardback which looks like a diary and it has these awesome pictures and notes in it. It just made the book more real.
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - Tabitha Suzuma killed me with this book. I sobbed so much I couldn't catch my breath.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - VA seems to be on my every TTT list. I can't help it. This was my first major book obsession. I love Rose, Christian, Dimitri and Adrian. And most of all my Vampire Queen- Richelle Mead.
1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - I love this book to infinite heights. It was the first book I read through Goodreads and it was my initial step into the YA kingdom. And I loved the dynamics between Alex and Lena! Oh dear lord. ALEX. I just break down everytime I remember those pivotal moments in the novel.
2. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - I think it's a given that this book is golden. This book was like a shining landmark when it came to the relationship between the books written by MM and I shared. So many damn tears.
3. Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta- I joined the blogging world pretty late , so I got to read many amazing books before ever starting a blog. Froi of the Exiles , in my eyes , is the only book that could ever match upto MM's other book Jellicoe Road which was just spectacular. There was so much heartbreak. So much hope and so much love. I had never pegged Marchetta to be a fantasy writer but dammit did she just nail it and cause an earthquake. This makes me cry even more because the series is over now and I still don't want it to be over.
4. The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher - Oh My God. THIS BOOK. I am yet to come across a person who does not like this book. This book played with my emotions. And I loved it.
5. Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James - I have all of Julie James books and this one has to be my favourite. SO MUCH FUN. All that sexual tension. The banter. The competition. In another time I thought I'd go study law for becoming a lawyer because of this book. :P