09 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #14


Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger 

I thought this was going to be easy. But it's not. In fact it's probably the toughest list I had to create. To pick just 5 books! That is insane! 


  1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - This book made me cry. At it had a happy ending. Well, it was more bitter-sweet but still. I love it so  much and my heart skips a beat whenever I think about it. 
  2. Stolen by Lucy Christopher - Another tearjerker. Another great Aussie author. Another great crushable guy. Ugh! I have so much love and respect for this book. 
  3. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - I just love torturing myself with these depressing stories. This will be forever one of my all-time favorite books. I bought the UK hardback which looks like a diary and it has these awesome pictures and notes in it. It just made the book more real. 
  4. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - Tabitha Suzuma killed me with this book. I sobbed so much I couldn't catch my breath.
  5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - VA seems to be on my every TTT list. I can't help it. This was my first major book obsession. I love Rose, Christian, Dimitri and Adrian. And most of all my Vampire Queen- Richelle Mead. 




1.  Delirium by Lauren Oliver - I love this book to infinite heights. It was the first book I read through Goodreads and it was my initial step into the YA kingdom. And I loved the dynamics between Alex and Lena! Oh dear lord. ALEX. I just break down everytime I remember those pivotal moments in the novel.
2. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - I think it's a given that this book is golden. This book was like a shining landmark when it came to the relationship between the books written by MM and I shared. So many damn tears.
3. Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta- I joined the blogging world pretty late , so I got to read many amazing books before ever starting a blog. Froi of the Exiles , in my eyes , is the only book that could ever match upto MM's other book Jellicoe Road which was just spectacular. There was so much heartbreak. So much hope and so much love. I had never pegged Marchetta to be a fantasy writer but dammit did she just nail it and cause an earthquake. This makes me cry even more because the series is over now and I still don't want it to be over.
4. The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher - Oh My God. THIS BOOK. I am yet to come across a person who does not like this book. This book played with my emotions. And I loved it.
5. Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James - I have all of Julie James books and this one has to be my favourite. SO MUCH FUN. All that sexual tension. The banter. The competition. In another time I thought I'd  go study law for becoming a lawyer because of this book. :P

8 comments:

  1. This is great list ladies, I would totally find it hard just listing 10 books but 5, you ladies have seriously outdone yourselves! I discovered Jellicoe Road and Stolen before I became a blogger and loved them! I need to pick up more books by Julie James and start the Vampire Academy series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read The Sky is Everywhere, I've heard so many great things about it! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/04/08/beforeblogging/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jellicoe Road is such a fantastic book. I first read it last year, and I was kicking myself for waiting so long to do so, because it was so incredible. The Sky is Everywhere is amazing too, it's so beautifully written. Brilliant list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read the Vampire Academy books despite the fact that my students love them! I really need to make time for the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vampire Academy is on my list too! You have a few books I really need to read soon. Great list!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lists with great books! I love Julie James's books, too, and Practice Makes Perfect & Something About You are both my most fav, still can't decide which one I love more :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also had a hard time with this list, only because I was blogging from 2008, my blog wasn't just a book blog it was a personal blog as well and even though I've read since I was a child, I just could not remember books I read prior to blogging.

    I rely way too much on my Goodreads list. i'd be lost without it LOL

    My Top Ten

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Vampire Acadamy Book sounds interesting, love books about the unnatural.

    ReplyDelete