Top Ten Favorite Romances
- Dimitri and Rose- The first couple I fell in love with and cheered for. I love Adrian but he wasn't a good match for Rose.
- Belly and Conrad- I knew I was going to be on Team Conrad even before I read the book. Their love makes me believe everyone can find happiness,even if it's your first love.
- Will and Tessa- If these two don't end up together in the end I will seriously break something. I've been waitinf for so long to finally see them happy. Cassie better make this happen!
- Caleb and Olivia- These two just slay the competition in the first round. They are my number one adult couple. Maybe even number one romance because it felt so real even though both of them are filthy liars,
- Raffa and Penryn- Raffa, what you do to me. He came crashing down from the sky and landed right into my heart. He and Pen have went through so much together and got close without breaking the rules which I loved.
1. Adam and Mia.
When I saw the topic for this week, the first couple that jumped to my mind was this one. Where She Went is one of my all time favourites. Not only did it make me swoon but it made me cry. And it was not pretty. I think the best part about this one was the fact that it was from Adam's point of view. His passionate voice was enough to make their romance my no.1 romance.
“You dumb-ass," I crooned, kissing her on the forehead. "You don't share me. You own me.” -Adam to Mia.
2. Froi and Quintana.
Even now when I just think about this book , I get all choked up. It was not just the romance but the beauty of the relationships penned down by none other than the gorgeous Marchetta. Froi of the Exiles is once again an all time favourite of mine and this one was simply unforgettable.
“He took her face in his bloody hands. "I’ll come and find you wherever you are. I’ll not stop breathing until I do. So you’re going to have to promise me that you won’t lose hope. That you will keep yourself alive.” Froi to Quintana.
3. Caleb and Olivia.
I feel everybody expected this one.The Opportunist was such a bomb. It was like this tornado I never saw coming. Caleb's and Olivia's relationship was the right amount of everything. I loved the banter. I loved the intensity. Oh the intensity. I loved the heartbreaking romance. I loved the chemistry. OH DEAR LORD. This is one couple I can't help but be conflicted about.
“I love you too, Olivia. More than I could ever love another soul. There hasn't been a single hour in seven years that I haven't thought of you.”- Caleb to Olivia.
4. Lucian and Phaedra.
The Marchetta Bomb everyone!
The intensity of this romance also threw me off every single time. I feel Quintana of Charyn couldn't
have been Quintana of Charyn if not for them and their romance. All that yearning and need and
all those feelings were enough to make swoon every single time their romance came on to a page.
She placed her head back against his chest and he felt her tears. ‘This is not our time.’
‘But that will never mean I love you less,’ he said.” Lucian and Phaedra.
5. Dimitri and Rose.
Dimitri and Rose are a couple so perfect I could almost die. Even though according to me, 'Roza' sounds absolutely ridiculous, I would just die if I had a Russian guy calling out my name in such a sexy voice. I'm so stupid to have read this series so late! But now that I, there is no turning back. This is the kind of romance one can only dream about. Sexy Russian using his sexy voice? Who the hell wouldn't want that!
"Did you? Did you want me?"
His words came out thickly. "Yes, Roza. I did want you. I still do. I wish... we could be together."
"Then why did you lie to me?"
We reached the clinic, and he managed to open the door while still holding me. As soon as he stepped inside, he began yelling for help.
"Why did you lie?" I murmured again.
Still holding me in his arms, he looked down at me. I could hear voices and footsteps getting closer.
"Because we can't be together."
"Because of the age thing, right?" I asked. "Because you're my mentor?"
His fingertip gently wiped away a tear that had escaped down my cheek. "That's part of it," he said. "But also... well, you and I will both be Lissa's gaurdians someday. I need to protect her at all cost. If a pack of Strogoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her."
I know that. Of course that's what you have to do." The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again. I was fading out.