04 December 2012

Book Review: Dizzy by Jolene Perry and Nyrae Dawn


Dizzy

book: Dizzy

author: Nyrae Dawn and Jolene Perry

file type: ebook


Dylan doesn’t do relationships. He and his older brother watched their dad go through hell and back, so they made a pact years ago—no girl would come between the Gibson boys. But his brother sells out. He's getting married anyway. To the sister of a chick Dylan met at a party, who's probably the angriest girl he's ever met. Unfortunately, she happens to be hot, too.

Ziah’s life is upside down—her safe boyfriend turns out to be not-so-safe, and now her sister is getting married before college is over to the older brother of a spoiled, party boy who drives her crazy. And also makes her heart beat too fast.

There’s no denying the attraction, but there's also no denying how much they irritate each other. When they’re thrown together as forced wedding planners, they find an ally in each other--neither wants this wedding to happen.

But instead of putting a stop to the crazy nuptials they find themselves at fittings and cake testing. And maybe even…a few dates?
Dizzy is a novel about what happens when two people who are determined not to fall in love, maybe do anyway. Maybe.
This book makes me soooo Dizzy with happiness.

Dammit book! Where were you all my life? Where were you when I was banging my head on the wall because I was tired of reading horrible characters who make romance=cheese? Where were you when I was a worn out traveller in disguise , in search of books that gave me that kind of lightiness that made me swoon senselessly? WHERE WERE YOU?

Before I start this review , I'm just going to have to warn you all..
This review is going to be LOADED. It's going to be loaded with lot's of gushing! With lot's of incoherent rambles! Lot's of neurotic ideas and lot's of dyiiiiing! You have been warned.

Let me tell you one thing straight. This book is a classic cliche.
Serious cliche. IS CLICHED.
It's the classic story of a boy who comes across a girl in a party where both of them see each other and think that the person before their eyes is a total beauty with all those colourful eyes and perfect bodies and god/goddess looks that beautiful people usually have. It's the same story where both the boy and girl have their issues and try to fight their obvious attraction. It's the same story where there's a lot of funny banter between both the protagonists. It's still the same story where there are lot's and lot's and LOT'S of gasps! blushes! Tingling sensory glands! Invasion of personal space! Urgent kisses! and yeah..the same exact thing. 

BUT

WHATTHEHECK!

I don't care if I've read the same exact thing a thousand times and I certainly don't care if I'm enjoying every bit of it! What I want to do is scream out and do cartwheels. When I had come across Dizzy , I had known in my heart that I would like every bit of it. There is just something about those books....You know the types where you read the given synopsis of that particular book and you know that you're in love and that there is going to be nothing , as in , NOTHING between you and that book. That was the kind of feeling I had When I saw Dizzy.
Dylan and Ziah the main protagonists of the book are such cool characters. Not once did I feel that their romance was forced or that I was supposed to like it. It just flowed and I like flowy things! I love those huge flowy skirts! I love the fountain outside my house! I love my flowy bright curtains! I FREAKING LOVE FLOW! and that is why I love you Dizzy. 

Ziah and Dylan were the typical characters with relationship issues.
And the fact that , that did not annoy me is epic in itself! Like for example, when you're reading a book about this guy and girl who are madly into each other but keep on denying their feelings and do super stupid things and all you , as a reader, feel like doing is PUNCHING THEM. It happens so many times. So many times have I wanted to kick my kindle and Ipad and So many times have I felt like flushing my paperback down the drain. But..So many times there are books which make me want to dance on Dancing Queen by ABBA. So many times I feel like dying of all that swoon. SO MANY TIMES!

Leaving the main protagonists , I think the other characters were fantastic as well! Lora's and Derrick's love story may have not come across totally to the readers , but there was just something about them that made me want to know their story as well. I loved Paul's character. He is again the typical guy-bestfriend. He is the person who plays the part of a party clown , funny tattle and of course , a flirt.

The way I've been up with my psychobabble it almost sounds like the book is perfect. But of course it isn't. It has it's flaw and not everything is as cut out as it seems to be but the awesomeness outweighs the crapiness anyday! The pace is so right...neither is it too long or too short. It's the perfect balance and no way in hell do we ever get a chance to get bored.

Ms.Jolene Perry and Nyrae Dawn have done a wonderful job by collaborating their works and putting in both their talents together. Although , I haven't read a single book by them before , this one here is incentive to keep me moving and just simply enjoy.

In the end, Dizzy is a fun , sweet , fast and an amazingly cute book with all the swoon and brightness a light read usually exhibits. 
For all those who want to enjoy a nice , short fun read , then this is where you need to go and knock.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this one too, Zemira! The banter between Dylan and Ziah was so much fun to read. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually,Devyani wrote the review so all credit of a great review goes to her. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry! I just read this on Goodreads on Devyani's profile and was like, wait a minute...I read this before! I have finally connected the dots, lol! A little slow here, forgive me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And all I can do is laugh :D
    And no issues at all! It's all cool. :)

    ReplyDelete