17 January 2013

Book review: Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley


Title:  Graffiti Moon
Author:  Cath Crowley
File type:  paperback
Release date:  December 26th, 2012
Genre:  NA, contemporary romance

Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes.



Oh, my freaking God! People! People! This book! Oh, this book. I have no words. How can I persuade you to read this book? How? How, when I have no words. It’s going to be on my 2013 top 10 reads for sure. And let’s not forget about all-time favorite list.  After finish Graffiti Moon I threw my hands in the air like I climbed M. Everest. I love it! I love it so, so much! I want to live with Lucy, Shadow and Poet in their sunny town. I want to stalk Shadow and Poet with Lucy!

Thank you, Fassie. It means a lot.
Crowley’s writing style is smart and humorous at the same time. I swear, I laughed out loud so many times in the first 40 pages I started crying.   I’ve said it a thousand times, there is just something special about Aussie authors. They must know more about life, people and healthy relationships, something the rest of the world doesn’t even see. How else would I explain their pure awesomeness?

I’m rambling just to fool you into thinking I actually wrote a review for Graffiti Moon. Two paragraphs already written. I am on a roll.

Believe me when I say GM was a hard book to put down without finishing it first. The only reason I didn’t finish it right away is that I had to sleep because I get up really early. But after I finished with my chores I couldn’t stay way from it.

OK, I know I’m being childish with this poor excuse of a review.  I should probably start talking about the characters, plot and what it thought me but I won’t because I would just spoil it for everyone else. I have only one regret- I didn’t read it the first moment I got it. 

Beware! Print and ebook aren’t the same versions of the book! Since I have both I spotted a couple of chapters in the middle are missing or totally different so I would suggest that everyone reads it in paperback or hardback. That way you also support author to write even more brilliant books. 



10 comments:

  1. I think I'm persuaded, Zemira! :) Adding it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You should definitely read it! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you like it :) I also want to live there...take me with you ;)

    Also Happy B-Day girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. Thank you,Tanja. Hope we can go one day together. That would be nice. Go out for a Melina Marchetta hunt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, girl...You finally read this? How long ago did I tell you to do it? A year?:) But I guess we're even now - I read Stolen, you read Graffiti Moon. But I have to say that I liked Little Wanting Song more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I wanted to buy it before reading it. So,I was just waiting for my copy to arrive.

    Will order Little Wanting Song soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've convinced me. I've read A Little Wanting Song and was amazed by the amazingness of it but I never saw Graffiti Moon that way. I have been wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Adrianna Graffiti Moon was so cool and cute. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :)

    Since I'm currently broke I can't order A Little Wanting Song just yet but I will,as soon I get some cash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won this book recently and it's still siting on the shelf. Better get started on it soon. It's too good for shelf siting! Loved the review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I hadn't even heard of this book, but... I am also persuaded to read it. I hope it does not disappoint. I was caught at both smart and funny writing.

    ReplyDelete