10 January 2013

Bloggy News

Hello,fellow Fanatics!

We didn't post Bloggy News for the past couple of weeks. I would say that is because we didn't get much books. Well, I did won a couple of them and I have to wait a long time to finally get them because of the holidays. I mostly got a lot of ebooks, especially from NetGalley. Edelweiss gave me two but one disappeared so I requested it on NG too.

For review:


  1. Dare You To by Katie McGarry 
  2. The S Word by Chelsea Pitcher
  3. Riptide by Lindsey Scheibe 
  4. Beautiful Bastard by Christian Lauren
  5. A Conspiracy of Alchemists by Liesel Schwarz

I am risking with reading Dare You To since I didn't really enjoy Pushing the Limits. But I have hope. I will lower my expectations and everything should be fine. 

The S Word reminds me of Speechless which was one of the best books in 2012 only this one battles suicide and bullying so it's not completely the same. 

Riptide is a story about a girl who loves to surf as you can tell from the cover. Will try and read it soon. I did swear I'll read more NG books,or at least stop requesting new titles. 

Beautiful Bastard. Oh,Beautiful Bastard. You are another naughty edition of Twilight. I actually started reading this last month and there is too much swearing, even for my taste. Not sure if I'm gonna finish it.  


Bought/Won:


  1. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
  2. Echo by Alyson Noel


Graffiti Moon is finally here! I've been wanting to read it since I found out it's an Aussie novel. Those Australian author must drink some special, magical water because they write the best books. Just so there isn't a misunderstanding. I didn't order it just because it's from Australia but also because the premise is interesting and something I've never read before.

I won Echo for the November New Release Giveaway Hop over at Proserpine Craving Books and it got here two weeks ago but I didn't wanted to post it all alone here, without a new friend on a shelf. So,thank you a lot +Proserpine Craving Books Will have to order the first part soon so I can start on this series. Hope it will be better than Noel's first series. 

Read this week:

  1. 'Till the World Ends by Julie Kagawa, Ann Aguirre and Karen Duvall. 
  2. A Beautiful Lie by T.E. Sivec
  3. Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan HERE is my review. 

Will post the review for 'Till the World Ends closer to the release date-in the next couple of weeks. Sadly, all 3 books failed to impress me. I thought that Julie's story would bring back old memories of The Immortal Rules, but it was just too sappy.


Exciting news! 

A couple of days ago I got my first MiraInk Spilled Ink newsletter! Don't know what a MiraInk Spilled Ink newsletter is?  Well, the publisher send out monthly newsletter featuring their new releases and whoever receives it gets to pick books from the list. So,this is what I chose.


  1. The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
  2. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
  3. Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder
Can't wait to get them! They are so beautiful. These covers are so much better. I usually prefer US covers but not this time. Can't wait to hold them in my hands.





Bought:



  1. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  2. Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
Even though The Iron King was a tad disappointing for me, The Iron Daughter totally redeemed itself! And I'm so excited for this one here! And I love the cover of my paperback! it's beautiful!

I've heard a lot about Insignia but I didn't really care much about the book. But when I saw it's paperback lying in the shelf of the bookstore , I knew I had to get it!

Along with all of this I also got,
For review:

  1. A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso
  2. And All the Stars by Andrea K. Host

Read this week:

  1. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
  2. So I'm a Double Threat by Jule Prestsater


4 comments:

  1. Woha girls :) You've got some amazing books. Zemira I can't wait for you to get books from MiraInk :) I hope they'll be here soon :)

    Devyani I love Iron Fey so I hope you'll too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trayche said they arrive after 6 weeks. Maybe by the end of February? I don't even have time to catch up with the books I bought,let alone those for review. So I have absolutely no idea when I'm gonna read them when they arrive.

    I'm currently reading VAIN. You were right! It's very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria V. Snyder's series sounds really good. I'm hoping to read some of her books this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria V Snyder is an awesome writer!

    I'm jealous of you, I have to become more involved in the giveaways and all things similar, I want books too!

    Zemira, kako to da ti NetGalley odobri toliko knjig, jaz čakam že en mesec na 3 knjige, pa še nič odgovora... :/

    - Tanja (Inx)

    ReplyDelete