12 November 2013

Book Review: Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Book: Allegiant
Author: Veronica Roth
File Type: Paperback
Release Date: October 22, 2013
Publisher:  Harper Collins Children's Book's
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

synopsis: The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. 

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love. 

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.


 "But the fire, the fire. The desire to live. I am not done yet, I am not."

Veronica keeps screwing me over. It isn’t even funny anymore.

I’ll tell you what I feel about Allegiant:

Allegiant isn’t as engaging as Divergent.
Allegiant isn’t as badass as both Insurgent and Divergent.
In fact, In approximately 400 pages, it was when I reached the two-hundredth page that things actually started move. Before that, the pace of the book was grossly tedious and I was struggling to get on track with it.

Some may debate that the start of the book was absolutely fine but here’s the thing, I’ve been busy for a while and I try to read every chance I get now and then but that disrupts my routine. But I have come across books which have compelled me to sit still and read the entire book in one sitting. And obviously, Allegiant didn’t do that for me until the two-hundredth page.
But Allegiant is something.
At the end of the day, it is the very end and THAT end. Oh my God.
That end hasn’t stopped screwing with my mind.
It’s safe to say that at a point of time, I had even thought about that end but I didn’t think that it would happen because it was just a passing thought, BUT I DIDN’T THINK THAT IT WOULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

Honestly, I’m shattered.
I don’t even know where to start from and where to end. That end keeps playing in my mind.
That end impacted my emotions in a huge way. THAT end screwed me over and I loved it.
That end made all the fucking difference.

But Allegiant isn’t just about that end. It’s also about several other things. Allegiant consists of Tris’ and Tobias’ PoV and I finally understand why Ms. Roth decided to bombard our minds with not one but two different perspectives. We met Tris in Divergent , when she was still trying to find herself and was still fighting to be brave. The circumstances changed her in a drastic way. She became sharper, stronger and deadlier. Life altering moments transformed her from this insecure flame to a full blown explosion and honestly, if Tris irritated the hell out of you in Insurgent, then you’re in for a surprise. Yes, I’ve forgiven her. And for those who have already read the book, they know exactly what I’m talking about and for those, who have yet to read the book, you’ll see.
As for Tobias? When we met Four in Divergent, he was this broody, strong and resolute guy who knew what was what and knew his way around a mess. He was HOT. He was fantastic. Tobias went through some life altering moments himself. As a child, as a sixteen year old and finally as an adult. You have to see, these things had to have affected him too and they did. You meet a broken man in Allegiant and it’s so refreshing to see how nicely this has been incorporated in the book. There will be times, when a person reaches a stage where you have to make decisions which can change your life in a split second. There will be times when the situation you’re in can lead to dangerous and deadly consequences. And these decisions and consequences shape your present as well as your future. These decisions and consequences can break you, but they can also, make you stronger. Appearances can be deceiving and it all comes full come circle in Allegiant.

Ms. Veronica Roth promised me a stunning conclusion. She promised me that the Allegiant would be worth waiting for. And trust me ,it is.






No comments:

Post a Comment