Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects
- If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin - One of this year's biggest surprised. This story is heartbreaking. I recommend it to anyone. Seriously people! This needs to be read.
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - Ahh. Forbidden. This book is a killer.
- The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis - This is even a bigger shocker than Forbidden. I feel like this destroyed a piece of my soul after I was done.
- Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick - I read it late last year and I still can't get it out of my mind.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - Gah! I'm still mad it ended that way. I won't spoil it for anyone who's interested but it's a must read.
- We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver - I borrowed this book from my cousin last year and I couldn't believe my eyes.
- Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts - The only erotica book on this list. There are erotic books and there is Captive in the Dark. It's the darkest erotic book I've ever read.
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - One of the first YA books I've read and I still love it after all this time.
- Falling Under by Danielle Younge-Ullman - It's sad that not a lot of people read this amazingly depressing book. I assure you, it will bring you down for sure. I was a mess after reading it for days.
- Lovely, Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara - Wow! People! This book is truly beautiful. It's hard for me to find the words to describe it.
I didn't reveal much about this list because I didn't wanted to spoil it for those who haven't read it but some of the issues they're dealing are: suicide, murder, kidnapping, rape, massacre, teacher- student relationship, euthanasia.