04 November 2013

Monthly To Read List: November 2013 + October recap


I'm really glad November is not filled with a lot of books I really want to read though it does have two books  I'm dying to read. 

November New Releases:


Sydrian are SPOILER having sex in The Fiery Heart and half of the book will be in my prince Adrian's POV. Who doesn't want to read that? 
I still haven't read Prodigy but I have it so I'll get to it once Champion arrives. I heard there's a killer cliffhanger in the end of Prodigy and that's the main reason I still haven't read it. But soon! 
My body is not ready for World After. *insert give it to me gif* Raffe! OMG! Can't wait! I'll just stop before I start fangirling over here. TBD better dispatch it soon or I'll freak! Apparently there are copies in UK bookstores right now. 


As you can see I'm cutting back on new releases because I just don't have the time to read every book I find interesting. In stead I think I'm going to read some of the books I've had awhile. I'm not entirely sure why I haven't read them till now but I'm going to try and read at least 4 of them till the end of this month. 

I've decided to divide them into 2 categories- sequels and new series. 

Sequels: 


I read Blood Red Road months ago and was suppose to start Rebel Heart but changed my mind and eventually forgot all about it. Oops. 
Started reading The Dream Thieves after it arrived but I was ambushed with work and abandoned it. I'll read it soon because the fifty pages I read were very interesting. I have a hunch I'll like the sequel more than the first novel. The same thing happened when I was reading Maggie's Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. 
If I don't read Siege and Storm and Crown of Midnight by the end of this year I'll consider it a failure.  They were one my top 10 most anticipated sequels of 2013 (mental) list. 
Some people might think I'm weird for not reading Clockwork Princess already. What can I say, I saw the family tree on the inside of the dust jacket and found out who Tessa ends up with so I was mainly angry at myself for being so careless. 

New Series:


I already halfway through Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I'm loving it. I can't believe I haven't read it sooner. My friend +Lynn Kho was pushing me to read them before but I guess it just wasn't the right time. 
The Diviners and In the Shadow of Blackbirds are both historical and kind of creepy so I just had to have them. 
I won an ARC of Stormdancer last year but never read it. This summer I had to buy an UK hardback because it was only 3euros. I'm loving the cover of Kinslayer. It's so pretty! Have to read them if not this month, then at least by the end of this year. The whole samurai and steampunk combo screams awesomeness.  

Sorry for the lack of posts yet again. We've been really busy. 

Zemira's reviews: 

Devyani's review:






1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Diviners! It's one of my favorites of last year.
    I'm so excited for Champion too! I finished Prodigy just yesterday and now I have to know how it all ends.

    ReplyDelete